Terms & Conditions of Hire:
1) The hire period is 2 days – hire for a longer period can be arranged
2) The minimum Hire order is £40
3) To secure your hire a small booking fee of 10% will be required to reserve the china for your party on your chosen date.
4) The final remaining payment (90%) should be made in full 10 working days prior to the agreed hire date, this payment is non refundable once the payment has been received by Fifteas.
5) Items may be delivered and collected free of charge within a 10 mile radius of Poole, Dorset.
Typical delivery and collection charges are as follows:
Within 10 miles of Poole – free of charge
10 to 20 miles £20
20 miles + – Please call for an estimate
You are welcome to collect the hired items directly from us should this be more convenient for you.
6) Cancellations can be made up to but not including the tenth date prior to the agreed hire date. The initial 10% booking fee will unfortunately be non refundable should you need to cancel. Cancellation should be made in writing by letter or email.
7) Fifteas will package your items in easy to carry plastic boxes. Each item will be individually wrapped in bubble wrap to ensure that breakables are transported in the safest way possible. We would appreciate it if you could repackage the items in the bubble wrap that they arrived in so please be mindful of this when unpacking.
8) A refundable damages & breakages deposit will be required which is 50% of the total hire cost (0r £50 whichever is the greater amount). This can be left as a cheque which should be made payable to Laura French, this will not be cashed unless damages or breakages occur. Below are some standard charges:
China cup or saucer £5
Milk/Cream Jug £10
Sugar bowl or creamer £5
Cake Stand 2 tier £25
Cake Stand single tier £20
Linen Tablecloth £15
9) When you receive your collection of vintage items we advise you to check each piece to ensure that you have received them in good order. As we have many fragile items, we understand that breakages can happen easily in transport, therefore please check each item and ensure that you are happy with the condition before signing the enclosed delivery note. Please be mindful that as our items are quite old, there will be some pieces that may have a ‘wear and tear’ feel to them. Our definition of ‘damages’ includes breakages, chipping, cracking, permanent staining , burn marks or rips.
10) All of our pieces are unique and fragile, therefore we prefer to handwash all of our pieces ourselves. There is no fee for this service. We find that our customers prefer this as this eliminates any worries about breakage or damage and we just want you to enjoy our vintage items at your tea party and not have to think about doing the washing up!
All items should have foods and liquids removed as much as possible. Teapots, jugs and cups should be swilled out with warm water and plates and should be scraped to remove any leftover foods. All items should be repackaged as they were delivered. Fifteas will get the yellow marigolds out and make sure that everything is spick and span for the next hire!
11) All of our items must be under the responsibility of the hirer; we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage.
12) Fifteas cannot accept responsibility for any injury or damages that may be incurred by any of the hired items.